The Colours of Beastgrave

Foro Warhammer

Administrador
Usuario Habitual (3/7)
Me gustas
WHUWBeastgravePreview-Sep15-Header1am-1.jpg

There’s a lot of excitement around the office about the release of Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave and so we weren’t short of volunteers to paint the two new warbands that come in the boxed set. Take a look at some of the amazing paint schemes that the Warhammer Community team came up with for these fantastic models.

Ben G

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-BenG1-kbl4i.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-BenG2-vh483.jpg

I decided to create some supernatural-looking forest denizens of Ghur for my Grashrak’s Despoilers. I liked the idea of these deep-pink, weirdly coloured creatures stalking around in the depths of the forests hunting and picking off the unwary.

The most you might see before they’re upon you is a lilac blur in your peripheral vision, just enough to make you turn your head as you’re struck on the back of the neck and dragged off into the lush, green depths – never to be heard from again. Be careful where you wander, adventurer, malignant eyes are watching. Always.

Joel

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-JoelT1-ch473.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-JoelT-3k28c.jpg

The Kurnothi models appealed to me immediately as the sculpts are beautiful and I love their energy. I usually base my models with snow – working my way through many pots of Valhallan Blizzard – so I’ve done my best to theme them around the spirit of winter, using pale colours and softer textures, sticking to a cold palette of blues and purples. I love the idea that they almost become one with the environment and that even their eyes and hair adapt to the changing of the seasons.

Rhu

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Rhu1-cm4lr.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Rhu2-1jv73.jpg

Despite dalliances with Chaos Knights, daemons and hammers, Beasts of Chaos remain my first and dearest Warhammer love. I had the privilege of playtesting Grashrak’s Despoilers for the new season of Warhammer Underworlds, so jumped at the opportunity to finally paint them. This experience was so intensely exciting it caused me to have a small but significant dissociative episode!

Top tip – if you’re working on organic models like Beastmen with lots of warm tones, adding a cold colour, potentially via warpaint, works wonders.

Louise

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Louise1-vg36x.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Louise2-1jcule.jpg

Painting this warband was really good fun! I love the dynamic poses and the variation of miniatures you get in the kit. It was also a great excuse for me to get a bit more practice painting eyes and facial features on more human-like miniatures and try to work out a clean paint recipe for skin.

For the colours, I wanted to go for a spring theme, with lots of vibrant pinks and greens whilst also throwing in a few ‘Saturday-morning-cartoon’ aspects by adding vibrant glowing weapons and, of course, a pink lion. It totally made sense at the time, trust me!

Frank

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Frank1-vh37dl.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Frank2.jpg

My warband represents beastmen who are on the brink of being converted to servants of Nurgle. You can see a subtle touch of corruption in them, but they are not quite in the loving embrace of Papa Nurgle… yet. I started out with a base coat of Wraithbone and shaded all the fur and skin areas with Cassandora Yellow, followed by a drybrush of Eshin Grey. This was followed up by a shade of Carroburg Crimson and a drybrush of Dawnstone. A wash of Seraphim Sepia ties the colours together and hides the infection that is waiting to break out.

John

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Jashton1-hfyqk.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Jashton2-1jc3x.jpg

I’m really excited to play the new season, so I got my own Skaeth’s Wild Hunt painted as quickly as I could, giving them a nice autumnal theme. Contrast paints did a lot of the heavy lifting here – Nazdreg Yellow for blonde hair was a revelation, while Darkoath Flesh for skin saved me a lot of time as well. I also challenged myself to not use any green on these miniatures and that helped tie the look of the warband together, while Aethermatic Blue created some vivid accents on a couple of models as well.

David

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-David-1hc73.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-David2-5k3l9.jpg

I’ve had the idea of painting up some snow-themed Beasts of Chaos for a while, and Grashrak’s Despoilers gave me the perfect opportunity to have a go. I painted the majority of my models with Contrast paints, which are an absolute godsend when painting various shades of brown, as they make it easy to differentiate leather straps from dirty cloth and bone.

The only areas that don’t use Contrast are the metallics – and the lashings of Blood for the Blood God on the Bray-Shaman’s dagger and the Bestigor’s axe. I like the think they’re in the middle of a pretty grisly ritual with one unfortunate Kurnothi as a sacrifice.

Ben B

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-BenB1-qhx73.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-BenB2-03jv8.jpg

I snatched up the chance to paint the Kurnothi, as I can’t wait to venture into Beastgrave and wanted to get the new season off to a great start! I used mostly Shades and Contrast paints over Grey Seer to paint the complete warband in under two hours. I can always go back and do extra highlights to take these from Battle Ready to Parade Ready at a later date, but this will definitely be my first stage on all the warbands to come out this season so I can play with my painted minis in the savage environs of Beastgrave.

Nick

CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Nick1-4hv7.jpg
CommunityBeastgrave-Sep25-Nick2-xl394p.jpg

I asked around to hear what people were doing with their Grashrak’s Despoilers miniatures and there was a running theme. Frank was going for Nurgle and Ben was doing a Slaanesh theme, so I was inspired to do something similar. They had to be blue and gold,* so Tzeentch-themed it was! Luckily, the Tzaangor kit made minor conversions easy – I made a few weapon swaps and added a shield to Draknar to give a hint of the Tzeentch theme and, of course, the paint job! For the skin, I used the ‘Eavy Metal painting guide from @WarhammerOfficial on Instagram and I’m really happy with the result.

As you can see, there are so many different options for painting these incredible models. If you haven’t already, you can pre-order Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave to get both of these warbands and start your hunt for glory.

* Just in case it’s not obvious, Nick is a massive
Ultramarines fan!

Farway381

Usuario novato
Usuario Novato (2/7)
Me gustas
Están de fábula los del tal Louise con tonos blancos y azules, muy buen esquema de color!!!